Nikki Haley believes the United States must move away from its reliance on communist China.
When she was the United States’ ambassador to the United Nations, she said:
We have long warned about the threats China’s Communist government poses. Now, in a time of crisis, we are seeing just how dangerous China is. The time for warnings is over. We must act and protect American security, health, and prosperity.
Nikki Haley Will Stand Up to China Economically
The first step is to set up guardrails to prevent China from exploiting America’s economic openness and punish it for its predatory actions. Here’s how Nikki Haley explains her strategy for dealing with China:
China feeds on American openness like a parasite, using it to strengthen itself. The right course is to further limit Chinese access to our companies, telecommunications and universities, as the United States did with the Soviet Union, while building additional military, economic and diplomatic strength.
We must make sure our industries have American-friendly supply chains, instead of depending on a communist regime for trade and labor. Beijing’s goal is to capture the world’s most important supply chains to give it an edge over America and the free world.
Nikki Haley’s Petition to Congress to Stop Communist China includes several economic initiatives:
- End China’s grip on critical supplies and bring manufacturing of essential medical equipment and pharmaceuticals back to factories right here in the United States.
- Require that China fund the United Nations and other international organizations at a fair rate. They are the second largest economy in the world. They shouldn’t be participating in international organizations at a discount, as though they were still a developing country.
- Increase transparency about the influence of China in academia. Require American colleges and universities disclose all professors and research funded by the Chinese Communist government.
Nikki Haley Will Stand Up to China Technologically
The Chinese communists envision an authoritarian world where they call the shots and command an unbeatable technological edge. They’re working overtime to make that vision a reality. America must stand strong against the Chinese threat and be an international leader.
In order to be tough on China, Nikki Haley believes that the U.S. should adopt a Cold War-like approach. America created systems to check Soviet military technological progress, and a similar level of vigilance is needed to actively combat the China Communist Party’s plans to dominate the world through technology.
China is our number one national security threat. They are increasing their military and that needs to put our military on notice. They have been stealing intellectual property from the very beginning and the president needs to hold form that if they do it, we put sanctions and tariffs back on them. They have created a surveillance state – literally their people don’t know what’s going on in the rest of the world unless China approves it.
Nikki Haley says that China does not know how to be transparent. Her initiatives for holding China accountable technologically and militarily include:
- Investigate what the the Communist Chinese government did to cover up the initial COVID-19 outbreak.
- Support Taiwan in their efforts to stand up to Communist China’s bullying. Allow Taiwan to join the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ensure that the U.S. military is strong enough to stand up to China’s expanding military efforts.
Nikki Haley Has the Experience We Need to Stand Up to China
Nikki Haley’s experience in the United Nations makes her the ideal candidate to stand up to China and protect the United States from the communist threat.
In a recent opinion piece, Nikki Haley urges President Elect Joe Biden to keep key aspects of Trump’s China policy in the future, calling the Chinese threat a bipartisan issue.
Washington’s posture toward Beijing shifted in much-needed ways in the past four years. Trump overturned decades-old bipartisan consensus that economic cooperation with China would push the Chinese Communist Party in a more peaceful direction. A new bipartisan consensus is rising against that flawed thinking.
She is specific about the actions that need to be taken to hold China accountable.
Trump pursued a military buildup, punished Chinese companies for stealing U.S. trade secrets, sanctioned Chinese leaders and firms for their horrific human rights abuses, and strengthened coordination with U.S. allies and partners to hold China accountable. Biden would endanger U.S. interests if he reversed course.
Nikki Haley will always stand up for freedom and stand against communism and socialism in all forms.
Ready to help us draft Nikki Haley for president in 2024? Support Nikki Haley now.